National Authority for Tunnels feels pround to have carried out the design and construction of the Greater Cairo Metro Network to provide
a safe and comfortable means of transport. NAT therefore has the pleasure in preparing this book let to explain the metro and to provide
information on the services that the metro offers to the public.
Data about the Metro System:
metro operates seven days a week including public holidays. The
Greater Cairo Metro Network presently consists of two lines:
Helwan to El Marg, with a total length of 44 km and 34 stations. 2:
Shubra El Kheima to EL Monieb with a total Length of 21.5 km and 20 stations.
Line 1: 44km ( Helwan- El Tahrir-Ramses- El Marg )
for trips: Helwan to Mubarak station (Ramses) 44 minutes. Mubarak to El Marg 24 minutes . >
- first train starts operation at 5.00 a.m and reaches its destination at 6.08 a.m.
- The last train starts operation at 12.00 p.m. and reaches its destination at 1.08 a.m.
- The maximum speed is 100
- The frequency of operation at peak periods is 3.5 minutes.
Line. 2: 20.5 km ( Shubra EI Kheima - Ramses -EL Tahrir-Cairo University - El Moneib )
- Shubra Et Kheima to Mubarak station (Ramses) 14 minutes
- Shubra El Kheima to Sadat station (El Tahrir) 18 minutes
- Shubra El Kheima to Cairo University 25 minutes
- Shubra El Kheima to Om El Massrin 30 minutes
- The first train starts operation at 5.00 a.m. and reaches its destination at 5.30 a.m.
- The last train starts operation at 00.15 a.m. and reaches its destination at 00.45 a.m.
- The maximum speed is 80 km/hour.
- The frequency of operation al peak periods is 3 minutes .